WJAC 6 News - Search Results
More than three dozen displaced after apartment fire
By: Sarah Rebb
DUBOIS, Pa. -- Police said a new roof was a major detour in trying to extinguish an apartment fire on East Park Avenue.
Police said the fire started in unit 134, which was a middle apartment.
The apartments occupant unknowingly placed a blanket on a candle, causing the blanket to burn said police.
The tenant suffered second-degree burns to her left hand after trying to extinguish the blaze.
A firefighter was also injured after he fell on the ice, striking his face on the roadway.
Both victims were taken to DuBois Regional Hospital for treatment.
Approximately 35 occupants were displaced due to the fire and Red Cross arrived on scene to assist with relocation.