Most Shared

RSS Feeds

WJAC 6 News - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Somerset Co. toddler expected to make full recovery after stove accident

By Melanie Gillespie


A toddler who was trapped beneath an old stove is now recovering at Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh and expected to make a full recovery.

Marc Jackson, Jr. was being a playful two-year-old when he crawled into the stove space of an old oven, and somehow is walking away without a single broken bone.
"When I arrived there that night, I prepared myself to make the decision to do a do not resuscitate, Marc Jackson said.

It's a parents worst nightmare: Getting a phone call and hearing that your child is not breathing.
"He was quickly found and resuscitated by my fianc; she was able to save him, Jackson said.

It was the unthinkable for Marc Jackson of Somerset. In the process of remodeling his kitchen, his two-and-a-half-year-old son, Marc Jr., crawled into an old stove and caused it to topple on him.

"Him being the curious little beaver that he is, he got out there opened up the door crawled up on it, changing the center of gravity, causing the unit to tip on top of him, Jackson explained.

Jackson said it happened in a matter of minutes.
Marc Jr. was rushed to Somerset Hospital then to Children's in Pittsburgh.
"We've been extremely fortunate it appears there is no permanent brain damage or trauma, Jackson said.

Less than 24 hours after the accident, hes expected to make a full recovery. There are only bruises and scratches left behind to show for those terrifying moments.
"He's in excellent shape."

Advertise with us!
Edgar Snyder

Washington Times