WJAC 6 News - Search Results
Dryer fire destroys Clarion Twp. house
CLARION TOWNSHIP, Pa. --
A dryer caught fire Saturday and sent a whole house up in flames in Clarion Township. The family is thankful to be alive, but their family home is a total loss.
This is my sister's house [and it] being a total loss, [Im] worried about her and her three children, and her husband and what we're going to do, Amy Hull said.
Smoke was still pouring from the house on Route 322 in Clarion Township hours after the first flames. The rural farm house is just over the Jefferson County line. Dispatch said more than a dozen fire departments were called in.
Fire crews said it started when the family was drying clothes, and the dryer caught fire. The parents weren't home at the time, but the three children living inside made it out okay.
Relatives said those living inside will be staying with family.