WJAC 6 News - Search Results
Fire crews save home after chimney fire in Clearfield County
GIRARD TOWNSHIP, Pa.-- A flue fire in Clearfield County kept crews busy Sunday afternoon. Fire crews said flames were shooting out of the chimney of the house on Shawville Highway.
No one was hurt and firefighters were able to contain the fire quickly so there wasn't any major damage to the home.
It was actually caused in the flue. It spread out into the walls, there was minimal damage and we were able to save the structure. The homowner is able to stay in it now, Robert Blake, LeContes Mills Fire Company chief said.
Blake said chimney fires are more common during the winter months and you should always have your chimney checked.