- Tomlin expects Manziel to play for Browns
- Steelers embarrassed in preseason loss to Eagles
- Steelers' Bell, Blount arrested for pot possession
- Report: Steelers to re-sign Keisel
- Steelers, Bills joint practice in Latrobe
- Spence continues incredible Steelers story
- Steelers' Suisham brushes off new XP rule
- Steelers practice in pads at training camp
- Munchak brings O-line coaching back to Pa.
- Blount welcomed into Steelers RB corps
- PSU friends Moye, Brown, battle for Steelers spot
- Steelers bring style and flair to training camp arrival
- Steelers' Shamarko relishes time with Troy
- Steelers' Pouncey Inks $44 Million deal
- Ike at the Mic: Taylor sounds off at Steelers OTA
- Shazier, Steelers Open Rookie Camp
- Shazier Joins Long History of Pittsburgh Linebackers
- Steelers draft Shazier with 15th pick
- Steelers Release Schedule for 2014 Season
- Tomlin calls his actions
- Penalties anticipated for Tomlin, Steelers
- Big Ben says
- Steelers Head to London: Heath Miller Interview
- Huskies, Red Devils Set For Saturday Showdown
- Tomlin addresses Steelers issues: Beachum to start, Dwyer back
- Steelers bring back Dwyer, Trio of players out for the season
- Report: Stephens-Howling Out For Season
- Tomlin defines roles of RB's and special teams
- Steelers trim to 53, Stephens-Howling Stays, Dwyer Cut
- Steelers show improvement, but fall to Chiefs in OT
- Bell injured, Steelers lose 24-13 to Redskins
- Steelers Rookies Bell, Wheaton Move Up Depth Chart
- Former PSU receiver Derek Moye Interview
- Steelers place WR Burress on IR
- Steelers hold night practice without CB Allen
- Mike Tomlin: Friday,Aug. 2
- Jarvis Jones: Friday, August 2
- Steelers Friday Report
- Dwyer, Redman ready to take Steelers RB job
- Steelers change Friday evening practice site
- Steelers Training Camp: 1st day in pads
- Tight Ends talk at Steelers Camp
- Steelers open first day in pads
- LaRod Stephens-Howling visit
- LaRod Stephens-Howling visit
Report: Stephens-Howling Out For Season
Updated: Monday, September 9 2013, 09:31 AM EDT
By Matt Maisel
Greater Johnstown High School graduate Larod Stephens-Howling has torn his ACL in Sunday's Pittsburgh Steelers opener, according to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport.
Stephens-Howling, a four-year NFL veteran signed by the Steelers in April, left Sunday's game with an apparent knee injury with four minutes remaining in the third quarter. Larod rushed six times for a team-leading 19 yards before leaving the field with help from trainers.
6 Sports caught up with Stephens-Howling after Sunday's 19-6 loss to Tennessee as he was leaving Heinz Field for a Pittsburgh-area hospital to have an MRI on his right knee.
Larod's potentially season-ending knee injury was one of possibly three Steelers to be lost for the year on Sunday. Center Maurkice Pouncey reportedly tore his ACL and MCL and will undergo season-ending knee surgery this week. Linebacker Larry Foote also will undergo surgery for a torn biceps.
“It can’t get much worse, but the only way to go is up," said Steelers guard David DeCastro, who dove into Pouncey's leg. "We gotta get back as a team and as a unit. We gotta get back together and be on the same page. You gotta come back and be stronger.”
Pouncey left on the Steelers first posession, and the offense went downhill from there. Steelers running backs ran for 32 yards and the team amassed 194 yards for the entire game. Pittsburgh's offense was shutout until under two minutes remaining.
"Nobody cares about our problems," said Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin. "They’re glad we’ve got them. We need to understand that. We need to stick together and persevere."