1 man rescued off roof, 4 pets die in Osceola Mills house fire
OSCEOLA MILLS – Two emergency medical technicians from Mountaintop Ambulance and a local postal worker are credited with rescuing a man off of a roof during a house fire Friday morning.
A firefighter for Columbia Fire Company said the three individuals grabbed a ladder and rescued the man off the roof, just before multiple fire companies arrived on the scene.
The man was uninjured, but three dogs and a cat died in the fire.
The house suffered damage in three rooms on the first floor, the firefighter said.
The fire broke out around 10:45 a.m. at a house on the 200 block of Walker Street.
A state fire marshal is investigating.